You might have heard people talking about decorative lighting and how it enhanced their homes inside and out. You might have been intrigued by the idea, but don’t exactly know where to start. So what is exactly decorative lighting? Quickly, decorative lighting enhances any design from traditional to contemporary for both interiors and exteriors of someone’s home using lighting, so it provides a means to decorate your space to show off specifics of your property.
Now that you have the basic definition of decorative lighting, the question now arises, how do you use decorative lighting in your home in a way that redefines your living space? Today, we will be going over this in greater detail.
Indoor Decorative Lighting
Decorating the inside of your home can be an exciting task, particularly when you get to use decorative lighting to add a personal style that you can change up when you want. Here are a few styles of lighting you can use to add to any room in your house.
- Wall Lights: This type of lighting is typically put above works of art, but thanks to the internet you can use wall lights to create awesome wonders such as 3-D wall lights and peel lights.
- Recessed Lighting: This type of lighting creates the illusion that a room is bigger than it actually is as it focuses light on one area. It’s been a popular trend to put around trim around the ceiling for a dramatic effect.
- Hanging Lights: Pendant lights or chandeliers fit into this category and they can be used in variety of ways from elegant and classical to modern. Pendant lights can match any design theme you may have with a variety of options as well.
Outdoor lighting not only enhances the beauty of your property, but protects it as well, as a brightly lit home wards off intruders. Outdoor lighting can include:
- Pathway Lights: These lights create a light glow lighting up sidewalks and pathways. A lot of pathway lights are solar powered, which is an added benefit.
- Flood Lights: This type of lighting can show off specific flowers, bushes, and trees. Flood lights can be set up to show decorations as well during seasonal occasions.
- Wall Lights: These lights are usually found in entry ways by the front and rear of your home as well by garage doors.
- String Lights: Not just popular for the holidays anymore, but is also popular to use to light up fences, entryways, decks, and gazebos virtually any time of the year.
Using decorative lighting is not as complicated as it may seem. You can use decorative lighting both indoors and outdoors in many different styles within different budgets as it’s up to you what you want to do. There are many ideas for decorative lighting that you can use and many ideas that keep on popping up on the internet. What style of decorative lighting will you try in your home today?